Requirements - MediaXxx
To run MediaXxx, servers are required to have the following setup:
- Apache web server with mod_rewrite enabled.
- MySQL version 4.0+
- Cgi-bin Perl Access
- GD Library 2+ with freetype support.
- PHP 5.2+ with the following configuration
- safe_mode = off
- open_basedir = (no value)
- short_open_tag = on
- output_buffering = on
- register_argc_argv = On
- max_execution_time = 1000 (Recommended or higher)
- max_input_time = 1000 (Recommended or higher)
- session.gc_maxlifetime = 15000 (Recommended or higher)
- upload_max_filesize = 100M (Recommended or higher)
- post_max_size = 100M (Recommended or higher)
- register_globals = off
- PHP upload_progress extension (http://pecl.php.net/package/uploadprogress)
- Mplayer + Mencoder (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html)
- LAME MP3 Encoder (http://lame.sourceforge.net)
- Flv2tool (http://inlet-media.de/flvtool2)
- Libogg + Libvorbis (http://www.xiph.org/downloads)
- FFmpeg (http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu)
- MP4Box (Needed if you want to enable HD video conversion)
- Ability to run PHP from the command line (CLI) with exec()
- Ability to execute background processes with exec("binary > /dev/null &")
To stream videos, server are required to have one or more of the following additional server requirements:
Do You Need Hosting?
Already Have Hosting? Need A Server Setup?
Note: Server setup services do not cover the installation of the additional server requirements.
Click here for video streaming server setups.